Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Lady and Her Music

"I love it! I love it! I love this business. I wouldn't do - look, I can't I don't, know how to do nothin' else, but if I did, I wouldn't change this for anything in the world. Whoo. I mean, you don't know. You-you don't know, but there is something that goes on between us, I must tell you. When you get home into the quiet of your wherever, think about what you are doing for me. You're sending in - it's a- it's, it's tangible, I can feel it. I can hear it, even when you're quiet. It may just be pockets around here that don't even like it, but what you sendin' in is so positive that I'm workin' with it, you know! I'm using it! Really, it's fantastic. I not - I not only am - exist on you and really, when I'm out here, I don't give a damn about anything that's going on outside..."

Lena Horne, The Lady and Her Music

One of the finest solo Broadway efforts in history. Be sure to give it a try.

No comments: