Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Elaine Stritch talks "30 Rock" with Kari

My friend Kari, our blogosphere's answer to Tina Fey, had the opportunity to participate in a conference call interview with the one and only Elaine Stritch about her upcoming appearance on the 30 Rock Christmas episode. For those who aren't watching this brilliant series - and you should be, Stritch plays Colleen, the unrelentingly brash and tough-as-nails mother of Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin). She won an Emmy for her first appearance on the first season finale. You can read the delightfully colorful and unabashedly honest things she had to say about the series and her co-star here. Stritch has asked Fey to write an episode for her to appear in with Nathan Lane as her other son. I up the ante, and say bring back the whole Donaghy clan including Molly Shannon as their sister. ("I want you to punch your sister in the face." from that particular first season episode is one of the many comic lines this contemporary classic has to offer).

2 comments:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

TAAL: "30 Rock" is the only television show I can say I never missed. If I can't watch each episode as they air, I am sure to watch them online. It is brilliant.

Can't wait for Stritchie to return.

Unknown said...

while googling to download 30 rock tv show i came across you i found interesting post here at your blog.