Wednesday, December 24, 2008

iPod Shuffle Answers

1. "With my wings resolutely spread, Mrs. Burnside" - "Gooch's Song," Mame
2. "The sun sits low diffusing its usual glow" - "The Sun Won't Set," A Little Night Music
3. "Child, I know the fear you’re feeling" - "He Can Do It," Purlie
4. "To this we’ve come that men withhold the world from men" - "To This We've Come," The Consul
5. "I went down to the tennis courts, lookin’ good in pleated shorts" - "70, Girls, 70," 70, Girls, 70
6. "Now as the sweet imbecilities tumble so lavishly onto her lap" - "Now," A Little Night Music
7. "Why can’t you be like a woman ought to be?" - "Old Sayin's," Juno
8. "You called me back with a silent plea" - "You'd Better Love Me," High Spirits
9. "Daddy always thought that he married beneath him" - "At the Ballet," A Chorus Line
10."You smug little men with your smug little schemes" - "There Won't Be Trumpets," Anyone Can Whistle
11. "Let's start looking alive, when we arrive it's gonna be great!" - "Rehearse!" 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
12. "Thank the Lord Mimi Paragon’s on board!" - "Come to Me," Sail Away
13. "The day we meet the way you lean against the wind" - "Love to Me," The Light in the Piazzza
14. "Mademoiselle, I have followed you everywhere" - "Love Can't Happen," Grand Hotel
15. "Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail to the man who (hail!) without whom (hail!)" - "Duet for One (The First Lady of the Lady)" 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
16. "When you see the shape the world is in" - "Thank God I'm Old," Barnum
17. "My life is simply great, my silverware is gold" - "I've Got It All," On the Twentieth Century
18. "When the sun flew in my window and crept in bed with me" - "Sweet Thursday," Pipe Dream
19. "Do you see that cloud up there with the number nine?" - "I Had a Ball," I Had a Ball
20. "You dear attractive dewy-eyed idealist" - "No Way to Stop It," The Sound of Music
21. "The best kind of clothes for a protest pose is this ensemble of pantyhose" - "The Revolutionary Costume for Today," Grey Gardens
22. "Talk to flowers right here?" - "Hurry! It's Lovely Up Here!" On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
23. "Take me back where I belong" - "Wilkes-Barre, PA," Tovarich
24. "Before you half remember what her smile was like" - "Kiss Her Now," Dear World
25. "Things may not come through the way you plan" - "I'll Buy You a Star," A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
26. "I will never understand what I did to deserve you" - "All the Wasted Time," Parade
27. "I married many men –a ton of them" - "To Keep My Love Alive," A Connecticut Yankee
28. "Staring my life in the face haunted by what could have been" - "Talk Amongst Yourselves," Taboo
29. "That old April yearning once more is returning" - "One More Walk Around the Garden," Carmelina
30. "I’ll bet your friends are all celebrities. That’s wonderful." - "The Grass is Always Greener," Woman of the Year
31. "I often have these miserable instincts" - "Nobody Steps on Kafritz," Henry, Sweet Henry
32. "My days are brighter than morning air" - "With You," Pippin
33. "To me this emporium is sex in memoriam" - "A Woman is How She Loves," Coco
34. "The newspapers call you the goddess of sex" - "You Are Not Real," The Apple Tree
35. "Glad to see you folks. Sure is homey here." - "The Babylove Miracle Show," The Grass Harp
36. "When I was young my heart was weaving in and out of romance" - "One Man (Ain't Quite Enough)" House of Flowers
37. "I remember Claude. His face was gaunt, his skin was pale" - "The Tea Party," Dear World
38. "Who’s the girl who had the men all eating from her hand?" - "Mata Hari," Little Mary Sunshine
39. "I remember the way our sainted mother would sit and croon us her lullaby" - "Easy Street," Annie
40. "Who'd believe that we two would end up as lovers?" - "Unlikely Lovers," Falsettos/Falsettoland

Bonus:
"Wine francaise straight from Burgundy" - "Sur Le Quais," Lolita, My Love
"A friend of mine was hurtin' bad, I bought that friend a beer" - "He Got It in the Ear," Rockabye Hamlet

3 comments:

Chris Caggiano said...

Kevin,

Have a wonderful holiday season, and a prosperous new year.

Regards,

--Chris

Esther said...

Merry Christmas, Theatre Aficionado. Thank you for your friendship, for all of your enthusiasm for musical theatre that makes me enthusiastic, too, and for that wonderful tour of the Mark Hellinger!

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

TAAL, Merry Christmas to you, my friend. Here's looking forward to enjoying a production together with you in the New Year!