Sunday, December 14, 2008

Name That Tune - IPod shuffle style

While I was checking out the facebook this evening, an addiction for which there appears to be no cure, I discovered a friend of mine had created a quiz involving his iPod library. Following his lead, I put my ipod on shuffle and I've quoted the first line of each song. All I need is the song title and the show in which it appears. Some are easy, but I'm not going to lie, some are rather obscure, so knock yourselves out!

1. "With my wings resolutely spread, Mrs. Burnside"
2. "The sun sits low diffusing its usual glow"
3. "Child, I know the fear you’re feeling"
4. "To this we’ve come that men withhold the world from men"
5. "I went down to the tennis courts, lookin’ good in pleated shorts"
6. "Now as the sweet imbecilities tumble so lavishly onto her lap"
7. "Why can’t you be like a woman ought to be?"
8. "You called me back with a silent plea"
9. "Daddy always thought that he married beneath him"
10."You smug little men with your smug little schemes"
11. "Let's start looking alive, when we arrive it's gonna be great!"
12. "Thank the Lord Mimi Paragon’s on board!"
13. "The day we meet the way you lean against the wind"
14. "Mademoiselle, I have followed you everywhere"
15. "Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail to the man who (hail!) without whom (hail!)"
16. "When you see the shape the world is in"
17. "My life is simply great, my silverware is gold"
18. "When the sun flew in my window and crept in bed with me"
19. "Do you see that cloud up there with the number nine?"
20. "You dear attractive dewy-eyed idealist"
21. "The best kind of clothes for a protest pose is this ensemble of pantyhose"
22. "Talk to flowers right here?"
23. "Take me back where I belong"
24. "Before you half remember what her smile was like"
25. "Things may not come through the way you plan"
26. "I will never understand what I did to deserve you"
27. "I married many men –a ton of them"
28. "Staring my life in the face haunted by what could have been"
29. "That old April yearning once more is returning"
30. "I’ll bet your friends are all celebrities. That’s wonderful."
31. "I often have these miserable instincts"
32. "My days are brighter than morning air"
33. "To me this emporium is sex in memoriam"
34. "The newspapers call you the goddess of sex"
35. "Glad to see you folks. Sure is homey here."
36. "When I was young my heart was weaving in and out of romance"
37. "I remember Claude. His face was gaunt, his skin was pale"
38. "Who’s the girl who had the men all eating from her hand?"
39. "I remember the way our sainted mother would sit and croon us her lullaby"
40. "Who'd believe that we two would end up as lovers?"

Bonus:

"Wine francaise straight from Burgundy"
"A friend of mine was hurtin' bad, I bought that friend a beer"

2 comments:

Russ said...

1. "Gooch's Song" from Mame
2. "Night Waltz I" from A Little Night Music
3.
4. "Papers, Papers" from The Consul
5. "70, Girls, 70" 70, Girls, 70
6. "Now" from A Little Night Music
7. "Old Sayin's" from Juno
8.
9. "At the Ballet" from A Chorus Line
10. "There Won't Be Trumpets" from Anyone Can Whistle
11.
12.
13. "Love to Me" from The Light in the Piazza
14. "Love Can't Happen" from Grand Hotel
15.
16. "Thank God I'm Old" from Barnum
17.
18.
19.
20. "No Way to Stop It" from The Sound of Music
21. "The Revolutionary Costume for Today" from Grey Gardens
22.
23.
24."Kiss Her Now" from Dear World
25.
26. "All the Wasted Time" from Parade
27. "To Keep My Love Alive" from "A Connecticut Yankee"
28. "Talk Amongst Yourselves" from Taboo
29. "One More Walk around the Garden" from Carmelina
30. "The Grass Is Always Greener" from Woman of the Year
31. "Forever" from Henry, Sweet Henry
32. "With You" from Pippin
33.
34. "You are Not Real" from The Apple Tree
35. "The Babylove Miracle Show" from The Grass Harp
36.
37. "Memories" from Dear World
38. "Mata Hari" from Little Mary Sunshine
39. "Easy Street" from Annie
40. "Unlikely Lovers" from Falsettos

Bonus:
"Sur les Quais" from Lolita, My Love

Anonymous said...

Number 22:
"Hurry! It's Lovely Up Here" from On a Clear Day You Can See Forever